Getting Started

The first step is to call or email me – or alternatively fill in the Enquiry Form – so we can arrange a meeting. Our meeting will be fun and exciting but professional. My aim is to make sure that working as a team we create the most perfect ceremony for you and fulfil all your hopes, dreams and expectations.

We will discuss all plans for your wedding ceremony and all legal aspects will be professionally covered. Before we meet, check you have thought about these legal requirements and have the following documentation.

  • Bride and Groom over 18 years of age.
  • Original Birth Certificates and Drivers Licences.
  • Decree Absolute if Bride or Groom is divorced.
  • Death Certificate if Bride or Groom is widow or widower.
  • Current passport or formal identification if from overseas.
  • Notice of Intended Marriage Form 13.
  • Two witnesses, over 18 years required

Payment of your registration fee ensures the date and time are confirmed in the calendar.

Couples Living Overseas Wishing To Marry In Australia.

Visa requirements and legalities discussed individually.

I am able to conduct a civil ceremony for anyone marrying in Australia as long as the legal requirements are met. Generally, Passports and Original Birth Certificates (in English) are all that is required for you to marry in Australia but this does not mean you can stay in Australia. If you are applying for visas through the Department of Immigration, I can write a letter for you to support your application. Letters for Immigration, such as a Fiancee visa for example, will require proof that you have booked a date, time, venue and celebrant for your ceremony with receipts for deposits and booking fees. I have written many letters for Immigration purposes and am happy to supply this service for a small fee.

AMC Sydney Hills District Regional Coordinator
Australian Marriage Celebrants.